Short-timer's disease sets in

14 work days to go

It is becoming more and more difficult to keep my head in my work, as short timer's disease takes hold. On one hand, I really shouldn't get involved in any long-term projects because I won't be around to follow up. Also, whomever will ultimately be responsible for these things is probably around the office now, and handing off a pile of projects in the waning days of my time with the company is not a good idea, in my opinion. So, for now, I gently push people to find someone who cares - I mean someone else with an interest in these projects. It's tough, though, because most of my workmates are friends, and I like to help make things work. But I must let the younger generation take my place as I step down. I have revealed my lack of interest in this digital environment only to my supervisor. I used to be intrigued by the challenges in this new business, but after 2 1/2 years it has become like factory maintenance. There is really no incentive when you don't get a commission. It is almost counter-intuitive to assist the company in a way that adds work, which means there will be more work. When I had left my last job, I decided that the next job I got would have to have some financial incentive to excel. However, I ended up back in the same type of position. I guess I just get bored and the rewards aren't really there for me.

So, I'm taking on Mother Nature as the new challenge. Making food from earth, water and seeds (and sweat, I'll bet). I especially like the idea of a 0 minute commute, and 3 meals a day at home, and my dog, Render, by my side (unless a squirrel shows up) just like the old days. I guess I'll have to get a pick-up truck if the locals are going to take me seriously.

No comments:

TwitterStream